Wednesday 21 February 2007

Teal culottes

I've been slowed down by another patch of illness (a sore throat bug thingy) and sewing progress is slow. Its probably not helping the SWAP that I am doing yet another SWAP related bottom (teal culottes) even though I have already sewn all my SWAP bottoms. I find it terribly difficult to keep focussed on the official plan. Especially when I want the item and the right colour serger thread is already threaded on LOL I HATE changing serger thread
My knit top experince is close to nil so maybe I am subconciously putting this part of the SWAP off.
I guess I just lack the discipline to stick so rigidly to a plan I first thought of in December.

The culottes are the cropped version of New Look 6054 which I used for the pants in the SWAP.
I have a jacket quandary as well, I have two options
Option 1: This is to complete the dark teal wool jacket I started several years ago. Its a burda pattern, princess seam with V neck and no collar, 2 piece sleeves. This would then be my 'previously made' piece since I at least started it prior to the SWAP
Option 2: I also have a RTW medium teal wool blazer. I don't wear it because it has a very wierd shaped lapel, an alteration to the lapels and a chnage of buttons and this could be the jacket, and be the 'purchased' item.

No comments: