Monday, 5 March 2007

Print top complete

I sewed up a simple shell top from Butterick 5487 adapting View E.
I used a remnant of polyester viscose fabric in a startling brown on white tropical flower print. The piece was a odd shape which limited my pattern choices. The print is large and striking so I wanted a simple style to show it to its best advantage.
I used view E which has a round neck, back closure and cut on cap sleees. I used the basic body shape but extended the sleeves to be more like batwing sleeves, omitted the back closure and cut a scoop neck at the front. I omitted the facing and just serged all the edges and turned under and stitched, the fabric is a firm enough weave to take this.

1 comment:

Faye Lewis said...

Love this top!!! I just bought this pattern this weekend when Buttericks were on sale. I love the changes you made in the pattern. Great work and great swap collection.