Monday, 12 March 2007

Blouse frustrations

The blouse pattern is obviously expecting lots of bust so ideal for all you FBA girls out there, plus easy to alter if it still doesn't give the room.
However since I am only a B cup but on a plus size body its a very badly fitting blouse right now.
I don't love it at the moment, and I think we may have to have a break from each other whilst I sew something quicker and less irritating.

On that note I have finally used the other pattern I bought from Timmels to cut out the Jalie Wrap top in a teal velvet burnout - polyester but still quite nice for all that.
Isn't velvet messy to cut out? I have little hairs of teal velvet all over my cutting area.
I had been procrastinating on the Jalie top becuase I would have to trace the pattern off which I have some deep objection to which I can't rationalise, so I bit the bullet and went for it.

I'm hoping this will be easy to sew given all the good reviews on I cut the second largest sleeve size and went between sizes W and X on the body, lengthened by 2 inches on the body and a teeny bit on the sleeve, cut the back neck down so the band can go all the way around and cut a long band all in one piece for the entire neckline. I have no idea what it'll be like but since I was told the fit was snug I thought it wise to err slightly on the large size and then cut down if required.

No comments: