Saturday 13 January 2007

Work on the orange blouse has begun

I have started on my orange blouse and boy is it orange! It's a mystery slubbed home dec fabric given me by MIL. The pattern doesn't overlap at the front, instead it meets and has an underlap to prevent show through with buttons and loops.
I think it could work almost as a jacket in the summer with a camisole top underneath and loose skirt or pants. Its a little short looking though, although cut as per the pattern (and I used all the fabric doing so).

The blouse's button loops are made from a bias strip and although I have made one successfully in this fabric it is still pretty chunky. I made thread loops as well but they don't look very good.
I did think I would go with the bias loop and maybe have 4 slightly larger buttons than the 5 smaller ones, but I had also thought of having ribbon loops, and Marji from Artisan's square suggested cord loops as used by Erica B, whilst KarenT suggests using rubber hair elastics in a toning colour. Being a borning brunette I only own hair elastics in dark brown!

I went to the sewing shop today and bought some orange cord for the loops and some darker orange buttons. I got 6 buttons as they are very small (maybe too small?)

No comments: