Sunday 24 December 2006

SWAP Part 2

SWAPPING_AHEAD: I have only sewn 2 garments from my SWAP plan and I am already dreaming ahead to SWAP Part 2. This will have all the things that would not fit in part 1 like a print skirt to match the print blouse I plan to make in part 1, a long denim jacket, a chocolate brown linen shirt jacket, a brown velour gored skirt, navy pinstripe pants.

I've been re-reading the plans for the original Stitches SWAP, parts 1 to 4, and Its interesting to see that the 1 jacket : 4 bottoms : 6 tops ratio drops down as they make more pieces and ends up more like 1 jacket: 2 bottoms : 2 tops by the time the whole 4 part collection is complete.
Part 1: 1 jacket, 4 bottoms, 6 tops,
Part 2: 1 jacket, 4 bottoms, 4 tops,
Part 3: 2 jackets, 3 bottoms, 2 tops,
Part 4: 3 jackets, 3 bottoms, 2 tops
giving an overall total of 7 jackets, 14 bottoms and 14 tops

to redress the balance a little in my official SWAP I think I shall sew one of my collared blouses so it can also be a soft jacket so I'll have 2 jackets, 4 bottoms, 5 tops.
I really like Simplicity 4198 for something like this.

No comments: