Saturday 23 December 2006

Garment No 2 completed - New Look 6054 brown pants

The New Look 6054 wide leg pants are now completed. Made up in a linen look cotton mix they do seem to crumple with wear (so maybe do contain linen too?) but should be very comfortable.
I followed the pattern instructions except I machine stitched the deep hem rather than handsewing. This matches the stitched down facing at the waist and the fabric has enough weight to take it quite well I think.


I plan to wear these tomorrow (Christmas Eve) with my RTW top from Wallis in browns and blues. As the clothes do tend to look a little better when I wear them than on the hanger I will try to get a photo of me wearing them.

Lets hope they turn out to be a very useful item given the pain I caused myself. When I had done pressing the pants I bent over to unplug the iron from the extension lead on the floor. At this point my foot caught the iron cable pulling the hot iron down on my back at the point where my RTW jeans and tee don't quite meet at the back. OUCH!

No comments: